Bowater Credit Union’s Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Response
As the coronavirus continues to spread globally and within the United States, more companies like ours are taking proactive precautions to help inform their members and to guard against the spread of the disease.
Bowater Credit Union’s top priority is keeping our workplace safe and free from infection, so that we can ensure the health and safety of our employees, members, and their families, and to continue providing service to our members.
The following additional precautions are being taken:
- Lobbies are temporarily closed, service is available by Drive-Thru, phone, and online. Use this guide to find where to access the services you need.
- Our Drive-Thru and phone service have extended hours begining March 30, 2020:
- Calhoun: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 5:30pm, Saturday 9am – 12:30pm
- Athens, Hardwick Farms in Cleveland, King Street in Cleveland: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 6pm, Saturday 9am – 12:30pm
- Keith St. is temporarily closed for rennovations
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces like ATMs and counter tops.
- We have removed the suckers from our lobbies; our tellers will be happy to hand you your favorite flavor upon request.
- Coffee service is not currently available in our lobbies.
- Public restroom are not currently available at any location.
- We have temporarily removed the children’s play areas (Lego tables, train table, or coloring table) from our lobbies as well.
- Employees have been provided with gloves and additional cleaning supplies, and have been instructed to maintain social distancing when interacting with others.
The March 23 Annual Meeting has been cancelled. A new meeting time and location will be announced at a future date.
We have a Business Continuity Plan in place, which includes pandemic planning. Our leadership team is staying abreast of news regarding the virus and advice from the CDC.
Managing Your Accounts
The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is advising the public to stay home when sick, and to practice social distancing. For these reasons, we have closed our lobbies except by appointment. Service is available by Drive Thru, phone, and online. Find a helpful “Where do I go?” guide to services by clicking the blue button.
- Use myBRANCH Online Banking. It’s a free and easy way to check your balances, transfer funds, make loan payments, and more, from your desktop or mobile device 24 hours a day. With our mobile app, you can even electronically deposit checks. If you don’t yet have Online Banking, you can enroll online.
- Use our ATMs. We have an ATM at each branch, where you can withdraw cash, check your balance, and make cash or check deposits in the envelopes provided. Transactions are posted the following business day. We’re also a member of the Allpoint Network, which allows you surcharge-free access to nearly 60,000 ATMs nationwide.
- Call us at 423-336-7268. Our Contact Center can handle almost any banking need, or transfer you to
someone who can.
- Use our night drops. Each branch contains a night drop where you can make your deposit. It will post the following business day.
- Use P.A.L. (Personal Account Line) Telephone Banking. If you’d prefer not to use Online Banking, PAL is another 24/7 option to check balances, transfer funds, and make loan payments. The first time you call, your PIN will be the last four digits of your Social Security Number. 423-336-7913.
- To avoid touching keypads at merchant checkout, use Mobile Wallet, such as Apply Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay. Register your debit card and credit card, and use it when you check out at a mobile-wallet-friendly checkout. It’s fast, secure, and you only touch your own phone and not the keypad or card reader.
Special Assistance for Members with Financial Hardship
We are here for you, and we are in this together. If you are facing financial hardship, we encourage you to contact us at 423-336-7268 so we can help. As always, if you believe you will be unable to make a loan payment, contact us in advance of your due date. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has provided advice to consumers here.
This page will be updated as new information becomes available. Please follow us on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) for updates.